Kim Jong-Un released a military propaganda video depicting North Korean troops blowing up a US aircraft carrier.
The typically bellicose propaganda film posted on Saturday by state media shows fictional footage of North Korean troops joyously destroying American planes and bombers.
From The Daily Mail
A female narrator gleefully exclaims over the war footage ‘a knife will be stabbed into the throat of the carrier, while the bomber will fall from the sky after getting hit by a hail of fire’ according to Yonhap News Agency.
The video shows ‘Foal Eagle’ military drills with America and South Korea which have long angered the North Korean government according to Newsweek.
Uriminzokkiri, the YouTube page where the video was published, has hosted other controversial clips which depict North Korean troops bombing America.
In 2013 it published a video showing a North Korean man dreaming of missiles raining down upon Washington, D.C. and New York.
The video comes as Kim threatened to reduce the US ‘to ashes’ with nuclear weapons if American fires ‘even a single bullet’ at North Korea.
Pyongyang said it would use its ‘invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads’ to defend its territory as tensions with South Korea continued to escalate.
It comes as Seoul insisted North Korea’s latest rocket-engine test showed ‘meaningful’ progress and as an an analyst said the secretive state had taken a dangerous step towards its goal of developing a rocket that could hit the United States.
The statement, from Kim Jong-Un’s Foreign Office, was released earlier this month before the latest tests.
It said: ‘The Korean People’s Army will reduce the bases of aggression and provocation to ashes with its invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads and reliably defend the security of the country and its people’s happiness in case the US and the south Korean puppet forces fire even a single bullet at the territory of the DPRK.’
Last night, the North’s KCNA news agency said its new rocket engine would help the state achieve world-class satellite-launch capability, indicating a new type of rocket engine for an intercontinental ballistic missile.
The North’s announcement of a successful engine test came as U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was in Beijing at the end of his first visit to Asia for talks dominated by concern about North Korea’s nuclear and missile programmes.
‘Through this test, it is found that engine function has made meaningful progress but further analysis is needed for exact thrust and possible uses,’ Lee Jin-woo, deputy spokesman for the South Korean defence ministry, told a regular briefing.
Read Full Story At The Daily Mail